domingo, 26 de septiembre de 2010

Red with aged lichens, pale with must,

R loosing the dolorous Unfruitful sorrow! What
is it then that you can see
That at the window endlessly You
watch the red
sparks whirl and flee And the night look through? Your presence
peering lonelily there Oppresses

me so, I can hardly bear To share
the train with you. You hurt my heart-beats'

privacy; I wish I could

put you away from me; I suffocate in
this intimacy, For all that I love you; How I
have longed for this night in the train, Yet now every
fibre of me cries in pain To God to remove you. But surely my soul's
best dream is still That one night pouring down shall swill Us away
in an utter sleep, until We are

one, smooth-rounded. Yet closely
bitten in to me Is this armour of stiff reluctancy That keeps me
impounded. So, dear love, when another night Pours on us, lift your
fingers white

And strip me naked, touch me light, Light, light all
over. For I ache
most earnestly for your touch, Yet I
cannot

move, however much I would be your lover. Night after night with a
blemish of day Unblown and unblossomed has withered away; Come
another night, come a new night, say Will you pluck me apart? Will
you open
the amorous, aching bud Of my body,
and loose the burning flood That would leap to you from my heart?
PERFIDY HOLLOW rang the house when I knocked on
the door, And I lingered on the threshold with my hand Upraised to
knock and knock once more: Listening for the sound of her

feet across the floor, Hollow re-echoed my heart. The low-hung lamps
stretched down the road With shadows drifting
underneath, With a music of soft, melodious feet Quickening my hope
as I hastened to meet The low-hung light of her eyes. The golden
lamps down the street went out, The last car trailed the night
behind; And I
in the darkness wandered about With a flutter of
hope and of dark-shut doubt In the dying la

No hay comentarios: